Leverage World Mosaic’s experience in education, technology and business initiatives across the globe. Since 2007, clients and partners have benefited from our expertise and track record in a variety of settings. Here is a case study snapshot of World Mosaic’s diverse activities spanning market entry, technical implementation, government and business growth strategy:
Enterprise implementation case studies
Since 2012, Mosaic has invested in a growing portfolio of cloud-based and mobile technologies that improves learning, teaching, education system operations and education analytics. The portfolio is provided on a Software as a Service or Education as a Service basis. The following three case studies show Mosaic’s success in identifying, developing, localising and successfully deploying the technologies across schools and higher education sites and systems, worldwide:
Large-scale Professional Learning app implementations
World Mosaic managed the commercialisation of a teacher plrofessional learning app, mmemoe. mme moe was designed on a coaching model that incorporates reflective practice, state professional standards, and a growth mindset. mme moe was initially developed for Australian teachers, incorporating the national AITSL teacher professional standards. See the mme moe functional review and AITSL teacher case study. mme moe is now a thriving company that serves enterprise customers on four continents.
Digital literacy platform implementations
Now a subsidiary of World Mosaic, Yahki is a safe social learning tool set within a global learning network. Yahki was developed for and deployed across schools and colleges globally as a walled-garden of constructivist learning tools that integrate with widely accessible social media, enabling local and global learning connections for users of all ages. View outcomes of a rollout of Yahki for Texas Middle School history students and for a global digital citizenship and writing challenge. For general case study information, see Yahki.
Other implementation case studies
Data estate ROT analysis – Active Navigation is an Information Governance solution for education. World Mosaic worked with national education agencies and the Active Navigation team to conduct Australia’s first assessment of data slum ROT (Redundant, Obsolete and Trivial content). See our Active Navigation Case Study.
UK MIS gap analysis – World Mosaic conducted market testing and gap analysis in the UK for an integrated, cloud-based Student Information System (SIS, also known in the UK as an MIS or in other places as an SMS) and Learning and Assessment for Learning Platform.
Private Mosaic market entry case studies
We have runs on the board helping edtech industry clients turn new pages. Mosaic assists clients to the next level, globally and domestically. Mosaic works in the background and sometimes above the line to engineer some of the world’s largest edtech deals. Here is a snapshot:
- Provides global and domestic market and product consulting services to America’s fastest growing online university, a large NYSE company poised to launch a new-generation online university platform
- Guided multi-billion dollar US Follett Corporation’s international business development and marketing strategy, engineering their first high-margin 8-digit SaaS deal outside the US, securing unprecedented growth paths through innovations and partnerships
- Provides end-to-end UK market entry services to information system provider IST, IST is Europe’s leading school information system and learning services provider.
- Provided strategic advice and facilitated a UK learning platform company’s entry to the New York, Pennsylvania and Texas, USA, also providing advocacy services in Washington DC
- Assisted a Boston USA based software company prepare for its acquisition by a multi-billion dollar US corporation, also leading the company’s domestic and international sales and marketing efforts
- Commissioned by an Australian publicly listed education company to consult on strategy and develop detailed online product requirements for their global franchise platform.
- Assists Australian, UK, and USA education digital content companies in successful capital raising and start-up support and strategy services
- Assists Australian, US and Middle East Venture Capital firms in their assessment of education technology investments and business plans development.
- Assists Middle East, UK, USA and Australian education technology companies in sourcing executive talent to grow their businesses
- Acted as Chief Consultant and negotiated South Africa national digital rights in for US and UK education e-publisher, Encyclopaedia Britannica. Mosaic played a central role in what became one of Britannica’s largest ever deals.
Read more detailed Case Studies of Market Entry, Management Consulting, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Marketing.
Government Mosaic case studies
Government Mosaic provided the following services for or in partnership with government education departments, agencies and NGOs:
- Provided global distribution and advisory for UK Cornwall Local Government Authority’s integrated curriculum for primary schools (2013-16)
- Undertook extensive research into Learning Analytics for NSW TAFE , a state vocational and further education department (2007, 2008, 2010-2012)
- Developed global distribution channels for an Australian Government digital content provider (2008-9)
- Undertook research and international bench-marking for New Zealand Ministry of Education in relation to their national Ultra-Fast Broadband (UFB) plan for learning as it relates to Web conferencing and asynchronous communications (2008- 2010)
- Assisted New York City Department of Education in applying for and secure Federal (Title IID) funding for a social learning program (2008-10)
- Delivered stakeholder management for Kenya Ministry of Education and Ministry of Technology investigations into digital content and enterprise applications (2012-13)
- Provided advice to major UK Counties and Local Authorities in relation to enterprise applications, integration, consortium development and requirements gathering in relation to changes in the MIS and VLE markets (2013-14)
- Developed a K-12 Computer Science curriculum alignment framework for Chicago Public Schools (CPS), providing approaches for more integrated approach to teaching computer science across the wider curriculum (2016-17)
- Undertook a global educaton marketplace review for a large Australian education department (2018)
- Engaged in a statewide digital strategy development initiative in a large Australian education department (2019).
Read more detailed Case Studies of Research and Advisory, Management Consulting, and Marketing.
Marketing Mosaic case studies
Mosaic has developed and executed marketing plans for large and SME education technology, publishing and media companies across the globe. Some highlights include:
- Follett Corporation’s UK, Middle East, China, Canada and Australian marketing projects (2010-11)
- Middle East Public Sector market research and strategy development for Edutech, a major Middle East distributor of brands including Plato, Blackboard and Lego (2008-2009)
- Statewide education marketing plan development for Hitachi Data Systems (2008-9)
- Middle East and Australia market orientation and partnership development for Atomic Learning (2008-10)
- Major US Marketing review for X2 Development Corporation, subsequently acquired by Follett Corporation (2008-10)
- Extensive marketing activities for a myriad of SME’s including Skwirk, Uniservity, Hotmaths, Schooville, and November Learning
- Larger corporate and government marketing assignments for eXact Hive, and The Le@rning Federation
- Hundreds of conference events for US, UK, Australian and New Zealand and Middle East vendors.
Read more marketing case studies here.