Wold Mosaic policies effective from 1 January 2015 are:
- Terms of Service:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Equal Opportunity in Employment Policy
- Continuous Improvement Policy
- Quality Assurance Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Evaluation Policy.
Each policy is outlined below. If you have any questions or concerns regarding World Mosaic’s policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com or call us at +61 (0)403816452.
World Mosaic policies may change from time to time. World Mosaic customers will be advised of such changes if they subscribe to this Website, usually by email and announcements on the World Mosaic Website. World Mosaic is an education technology company. FInd out more about our products, services, businesses and subsidiary companies at About us. The following policies reflect World Mosaic in this context.
Terms of Service
Acceptable Use Policy
World Mosaic application services such as BigBox, Flash Factory and Inspire are are designed to improve teaching and learning. Accordingly, the following common sense Acceptable User Policy (AUP) is a condition of use of World Mosaic products. These conditions generally apply to World Mosaic subsidiary companies, Yahki and mme moe but users of those products should refer to those respective Websites to review those policies. This AUP is designed to protect users, World Mosaic and others:
- Users may not enter or upload information into World Mosaic products that identifies a specific student or sensitive information or records about a specific student who is a minor.
- Users may not make entries or upload content to World Mosaic products or this Website which is offensive or constitutes illegal content. Users accept that World Mosaic will, as required by law, report and hand over to relevant authorities any information that reflects unlawful use of World Mosaic products and we may suspend a user account under extreme circumstances, with notice to the user unless instructed otherwise by law enforcement agencies.
- A user may not review, publish or use World Mosaic product data/content, whether online, offline soft copy or hard copy, of another user without that user’s permission.
- Users may not use World Mosaic products as a punitive tool. All users are bound to use World Mosaic products as tools and programs to support teaching, learning and education management.
The Services are made available to education, business and government agency users. World Mosaic reserves the right to suspend a user account where there is reasonable evidence that the user is not a bona fide user.
World Mosaic collects and uses the minimum user-provided information to enable the Services to run, including specific personally identifiable information (PII) as set out below, stored as logs in secure Tier 3 or 4 hosting facilities:
- Browser data:
- The user’s IP address and the page/s a user requested.
- User activity on the Services, and the number and frequency of visitors to components of the services.
- User content:
- User selections
- Peer relationships between users
- The name, email address, password and related school or campus of the user.
World Mosaic does not correlate or connect browser data with PII.
Data Storage and Security Policy
World Mosaic collects and stores the minimum Personal Identifiable Information (PII) required to provide the Services on a personalised basis: name, email address and password. World Mosaic products do not store academic, health, family, address or other sensitive information. By providing an email address, World Mosaic may send users communications specific to the use and efficacy of the specific product. World Mosaic does not use Web beacons to determine whether such emails have been opened. World Mosaic does not store user financial information such as credit card or bank account details. This may change in future and if it does, users will be advised by World Mosaic of this change and each user will decide whether or not to have such information stored by World Mosaic. World Mosaic does not ask users for, access or track location-based information from user’s mobile devices.
When users use the Services, users are required to set up their account (name, email address and password). In addition, they may form education peer/mentor relationships with other users and post media.
World Mosaic does not provide any user information to third parties. World Mosaic uses aggregated data to understand the relative use of different parts of the Services. World Mosaic does not analyse or report on the use of the Services by specific users. World Mosaic will only release Personal Information when obliged to do so to comply with the law, such as to comply with a subpoena; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of World Mosaic, its employees, contractors, users, or others. Unless restricted by law enforcement agencies or contrary to the interests of public safety, World Mosaic will give users notice if it releases information for these reasons.
World Mosaic product account PII and user content is protected by a password for users’ privacy and security. World Mosaic also uses technical practices to prevent attack on the Services from browsers and malicious code scripts. User data collected and stored on the Services are protected at a technical and operational level in the following ways:
- Authentication through industry standard secure Web Services
- Cloud data hosting at an industry-standard secure Tier 3 or 4 hosting facility
- Daily back-up of user data stored securely at a separate facility
Users may currently access (and delete) the following information in World Mosaic products:
- User’s password
- Content in the user’s account
- Links to the user’s connections.
Users are able to update, delete, and in most cases, download and print, information in their accounts. Users may request the deletion of their information by World Mosaic by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. World Mosaic will undertake several verifications before deleting the information.
World Mosaic will retain user PII for as long as an account is active or as long as needed to provide the Services. World Mosaic may also retain and use user information to comply with World Mosaic’s legal obligations, resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
World Mosaic recognises its moral and legal responsibilities under occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation to provide a safe and healthy work environment. This commitment means that mme moe will:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace and working conditions for all, including employees, contractors, customers and visitors
- Provide training to enable all employees to work safely
- Comply with all relevant legislation and industry standards
- Provide support and assistance to employees
- Consult with staff and contractors where relevant to enhance the effectiveness of procedures
- Provide adequate resources to aid employees in fulfilling their responsibilities
- Conduct investigations into all reported incidents
- Ensure that appropriate return to work programs are in place
- Conduct regular reviews and evaluations of the health and safety systems in place.
While at work, all World Mosaic employees – irrespective of their position – will:
- Take reasonable care to ensure good health and safety procedures are implemented at all times
- Identify and support measures to eliminate or minimise unsafe conditions
- Assume personal responsibility for their own safety and for those of other work colleagues by always operating in a safe and appropriate manner.
Continuous improvement policy
World Mosaic is committed to the continuous improvement of teachers, students, administrators and other professionals. Accordingly, the team at World Mosaic sets itself high expectations to improve as a provider. World Mosaic conducts weekly product and service improvement meetings, setting out actions to continually improve the products and serviced. World Mosaic utilises Agile and SCRUM development methods to improve its offering. Monthly reviews consider feedback and evaluations from customers in relation to services and strategies. All World Mosaic sessions with schools, clients and partners are supported with session evaluations which ask:
- From 1 to 10, how would you rate the World Mosaic professional session?
- What was done well?
- What could have been done better?
- What did you get out of the World Mosaic session?
World Mosaic reviews and celebrates key milestones in its ongoing development on a quarterly basis.
Equal Opportunity in Employment Policy
World Mosaic provides a workplace where equal opportunity is valued. World Mosaic recognises its moral and legal responsibilities to provide an equal opportunity workplace. The objective of World Mosaic is to improve business success by:
- Attracting and retaining the best possible employees and contractors
- Providing a safe, respectful and flexible work environment
- Delivering our services in a safe, respectful and reasonably flexible way.
World Mosaic will do this is by:
- Ensuring that all recruitment, selection and promotion decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine occupational requirements of the position.
- Providing equal opportunity in employment to all suitably able people without discrimination or harassment based on personal characteristics
- Ensuring employees are treated fairly and equitably in an environment free of bullying, harassment and sexual harassment.
Quality assurance policy
World Mosaic’s operations utilise a QMS (Quality Management Systems) approach that focuses on quality earlier in the process. World Mosaic follows the eight principles of ISO 9000 as follows:
- Customer focus: Understanding current and future customer needs, exceeding customer expectations.
- Leadership: World Mosaic creates and maintains an internal and customer-facing environment in which people can become fully involved in achieving World Mosaic’s and the customer’s objectives.
- Involvement of people: People are the essence of World Mosaic. Their abilities are able to be used for World Mosaic’s benefit.
- Process approach: World Mosaic’s goals are supported more efficiently when activities and related resources are managed as a process, however, process is not the goal
- System approach to management: World Mosaic values the identification, understanding and management of interrelated processes as a system to contribute to World Mosaic’s success.
- Continual improvement: Continual improvement is a permanent objective of World Mosaic and of World Mosaic for its customers.
- Factual approach to decision making: World Mosaic’s decisions are based on the analysis of data and information.
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationships: World Mosaic and its suppliers and customers are interdependent. World Mosaic strives to secure and develop mutually beneficial relationships enhances the ability of all stakeholders to create value.
World Mosaic’s goal is to provide an excellent service to customers and to be a good industry citizen. We value feedback from customers and partners. Accordingly, World Mosaic commits to immediately respond to and address complaints. Complaints can be made by calling our Service desk at +6129852965. World Mosaic will in each case, make a record of the complaint; confirm with the complainant that the record is accurate; advise what we are doing about it; escalate complaints of a more serious nature; address the issue within the complaint; communicate the resolution or outcome of the complaint to the complainant, contact the complainant to ensure the issue has been dealt with satisfactorily.